Sweet potato gnocchi
Delicate and floaty
Flavorful and cozy
Chewy mini mochi
Fresh and light and low-key
Tender sweet and rosy
Won’t make you have to go pee
So sit and eat some gnocchi!
[I had an alternative last couplet here involving snow peas and spring, decided to go with the more sophisticated option 🙂 There are only so many gnocchi rhymes, after all]
- Bring pot of salted water to boil.
- Mash sweet potato with a fork until smooth, then add flour, salt, and oil and mix well until workable dough forms.
- Tear off small pieces and roll into gnocchi shapes individually (can also roll and cut out and/or indent with fork if desired).
- Boil gnocchi in two batches in boiling water. Gnocchi are done when they float to the top, which should take a couple minutes. Drain in colander.
- Brown in oil in non-stick sauté pan to desired color (~5-10 minutes).
- Plate and finish with olive oil, sea salt, herbs (rosemary), and grated cauliflower cheese.
This post has been shared on Phoenix Helix’s Paleo-AIP Roundtable.