Roses are red
Violets are blue
Of course I must alter
This poem for you
Comes once a year
Drinking and dining
Our theme is good cheer
Who cares if you’re single?
Fear not love is blind
We’re all human creatures
Part of the hive mind
Thus love exists truly
For one and for all
Because to be human
Means part of our kind
Alone is a myth
It’s humanity that exists
To hold and to find
No soul left behind.
- Cookie Dough
- ¾ c tigernut flour
- 1 c cassava flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps grassfed gelatin (omit for V or sub agar agar)
- ¾ c ghee (AIP re-intro, non-V) or coconut oil (V)
- 1 tb vanilla
- ¼ c honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 tsps apple cider vinegar
- ½ c coconut oil (slightly softened, but not liquid)
- ½ c coconut cream (slightly softened, but not liquid) or solid coconut milk (scooped from chilled can)
- 2 tsps vanilla
- ½ c tapioca flour or arrowroot starch (add more if icing seems too liquid)
- ¼ c honey or maple syrup
- ½ c of pomegranate seeds for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix cookie ingredients together, in order listed.
- Roll out on floured parchment paper to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut out heart shapes and place on parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until cookies have browned.
- While cookies are baking, beat icing ingredients together with electric mixer until icing forms. Taste and adjust sweetener/flavoring as needed.
- Once cookies have cooled, ice and decorate with pomegranate seeds.
This post has been shared on Phoenix Helix’s Paleo-AIP Roundtable.