This was the story that would not write
So a poem it became
And when came time for publication
It still wanted for a name
And a subject and a message,
That much was clear to see
So dear reader please permit me
To construct this repartee
See I’m practicing my rhyming
And basic word play skills
In hopes of writing something great
A musical that thrills
This is a faulty imitation
Of work that must be done
But still a useful exercise
For poetry and fun
And now I must incorporate
The subject of this post
Hello puffed quinoa krispie treats
You delectable sweet toasts
The words themselves hold promise
Alliterative and exotic
And now I’ll hereby end this tale
So silly and quixotic. 😛
- Bloom gelatin in ¾ c cold water in metal mixing bowl.
- Simmer honey/maple syrup w/ remaining water (1/2 c) in pot over medium heat until temperature reaches 240 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Pour (very hot) mixture carefully into bloomed gelatin and beat with electric mixer. Mixture should quadruple in volume and start to look like liquid marshmallows (about 5-10 minutes of mixing).
- Beat until stiff peaks form (but don't overbeat, stop before mixture is solid).
- Gently fold in ghee/coconut oil, salt, and quinoa.
- Spread mixture evenly onto parchment-lined pan. Refrigerate for a few hours to set and cut into squares to serve.